10 Day Challenge: My 9 Loves
Happy Friday! Today I have decided to start taking on the 10 Day Challenge. However, I am skipping the 10 secrets because if I told them to you they wouldn’t be secrets! Instead I’ll jump right into the nine loves…
Thank you to Kristin @ Sweat Courage for starting this challenge!
My Nine Loves:
I’m going to start off with the obvious ones: the cat, the man, and the thing I blog about.
1. Adam – I met this guy almost 10 years ago at a Halloween party. He walked right by me towards the door and I impulsively reached out and grabbed his arm. As someone who is pretty shy around new people this was such an INSANE thing for me to do (admittedly, it was partially fueled by alcohol).
I don’t really believe in love at first sight; I think true love is something that takes time to grow, BUT something compelled me to reach out to a stranger and stop him from walking on by. Maybe it was love at first sight!
2. Cecil – After my beloved first cat, Leo passed away on August 14, 2007 I honestly didn’t think I would ever have another cat. I was so totally devastated. Leo was my first real pet and losing him was heartbreaking. I cried in the shower for weeks.
Little did I know that 13 days later on August 27, 2007 a little kitten was born that would eventually wiggle his way into my heart.
I adopted Cecil on November 3, 2007 when someone in my mom’s neighborhood told me he had a kitten he needed to get rid of. Now that was love at first sight!
3. Running – Obvious. See blog as reference. : )
4. Traveling – Nothing makes me smile quite like turning on the away message for my work email! You know the one, I’m currently out of the office and won’t be returning until
hell freezes over, I run out of money next Monday.”
I’m ready for October:
5. Going Out to Eat – This one probably seems odd as a “love” but I do love going out to eat. As a kid my family ate out quite a lot so I have many fond memories from eating at restaurants. Much to Adam’s dismay I really like chain restaurants. Take me to TGIFridays and I’m just as happy as when we treat ourselves to a five star restaurant.
6. Sports – As you know, I’m crazy for professional football and basketball. As a south Floridian you can find me cheering my head off for the Dolphins and Heat!
I used to think both sports were really boring, but once I learned the rules of the game and started to understand game strategy I fell in love. There’s nothing like quickly mapping out 3 different ways you’d like to see a 2-minute drill play out at the end of an exciting football game! PHINS UP!
7. My Bed – I don’t know about you, but I LOVE that first moment after slipping into bed. I love stretching out my legs and feeling the coolness of the sheets. I always read in bed for 30 minutes before I go to sleep, and I love that part of my nightly ritual. The bed is a good place to be after a productive day!
8. The Beach – There’s a reason that I normally run down to the beach five days a week. Sure, it’s my most convenient running route, but I also find it to be the most calming place in the world. I love watching and listening to the crashing waves. I love seeing the sunrise or set over the water. The beach is most definitely my happy place.
9. Blogging! – I suppose this is another obvious one like running, but I really like blogging and commenting on other people’s blogs. It might be weird but I really do feel like so many of you are my friends. Sometimes I’ll be out and about and see something that reminds me of one of you and I’ll want to text you about it … but then I remember we’re not friends like that! haha
Where is YOUR favorite place in the whole world?
How did you meet your significant other??