11 Things About Me You Might Not Know (Liebster Award)
Happy Wednesday! Last night I enjoyed a short, breezy run to shake up my legs. Nothing too interesting happened there to blog about BUT I will be coming atcha with some thoughts about the Palm Beaches Half tomorrow!
Yesterday Meg nominated me for a Liebster Award! Thank you, Meg! It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these, so I thought I’d give it a go today!
As part of the Liebster I have to answer the 11 questions Meg gave me and then nominate 11 other bloggers to answer a new set of 11 questions I have written. Here we go!
1. What is your current health related goal?
I really want to get back into a 3-day-a-week strength training routine. I usually run six days a week so my current norm is 1 to 2 days of strength. I need to figure out the best schedule for properly mixing in an extra day!
Maybe someday I can get back to squatting this:
Actually that left me really sore on running days, so maybe just get back into a solid squatting routine period.
2. What is your biggest irrational fear?
I am scared of the vampire that lives in my closet. And the monster that wants to grab my feet when I get out of bed in the middle of the night to use the bathroom.
3. Do you enjoy wrapping presents?
Does artfully arranging colorful tissue paper in the cutest bag I can find count as wrapping? Because that is my signature way to give gifts : ).
4. What’s your favorite cross training activity?
Kicking my legs around in the pool on a sunny day with a cold glass of unsweet iced tea. It might not be the most strenuous thing but I like it!
5. If I came to visit you, what would we do?
6. You have 2 weeks off of work and 2 round trip plane tickets ANYWHERE. Where would you go and who would you take?
I would take Adam and probably go to Korea (I was born in Seoul). We have talked about going for a few years but the plane tickets are really expensive!
7. What’s the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you during a run or race?
Having to run off the race course and into a Subway to use the bathroom. It was an Emergency with a capital E.
8. Tell me the 3 best days of your life. Or at least the first 3 that pop into your mind.
The first things that popped into my mind:
1. The day I met Adam.
2. The day we adopted our baby cat.
3. The day I started watching The Mindy Project.
9. Okay, you HAVE to eat a fast food meal. What restaurant would you choose and what would you order?
Does Chipotle count as fast food? Isn’t it technically classified as “casual fast?” I would definitely get a chicken or steak burrito bowl!
10. Have you ever met a celebrity?
JOEY FATONE from *NSYNC! It was such a great day in my 15-year-old life!!!!
11. Share a picture of yourself in non-workout clothes!
Me and Alice the Camel at the Miami Metro Zoo:
Me being super fashionable in teal tights at Centennial Park in Atlanta:
And now it’s my turn to nominate other bloggers!
Today I want to nominate a few of the blogs I’ve started following since the last time I did a Liebster: Simple Runner, Fairweather Runner, Run, Jenny, Run, Lily Runs the World, Why Mom Runs and Simplify Life!
There are about 10 other blogs I WANT to nominate so if I didn’t name you know I
stalk read your blog every day, you are nominated too!
My 11 questions for the nominees:
1. If you could have an endless supply of any food, what would you choose?
2. If a movie of your life was made, what would the focus be on and who would play you?
3. What is your DREAM job?
4. Describe yourself in just three words!
5. If you could be anyone else for a day who would you be?
6. What item that you don’t already have would you most like to own?
7. If you were a fruit, what type of fruit would you be?
8. If you could break any running world record, which one would you choose?
9. What is the best joke you’ve ever heard?
10. What is your typical morning routine like?
11. What is the most recent movie/book you’ve seen/read?
Seriously though, I have to know, what is your DREAM job???