Happy Halloween! I hope you have something fun planned for today even if it’s just treating yourself to a Reese’s pb cup :).
How was your weekend? Here’s what was on my plate…
1. Running in the wind is my new thing. Not by choice! It’s hard to tell from this picture but the wind has been whipping around for the last week, and it’s supposed to stick around for at least another week.
A few days ago Ali said the wind made each run feel like a resistance workout and I couldn’t agree more!
According to exercise physiologists, “A substantial wind (i.e. one approximately equal to the pace you are running at) will set you back 12 seconds per mile with a headwind, and aid you by 6 seconds per mile with a tailwind.”
If you’re racing in windy conditions “up to 80% of performance decrement can be eliminated by drafting about a meter behind another runner.”
Good to know!
2. Friday was National Cat Day. We celebrated by giving Cecil four dental treats instead of his normal two, but I think he may have also eaten Georgie’s dental treats. (I don’t think Georgie likes them?!).
3. Painting Will Give You a Good Leg Workout. I did a lot of squats this weekend while paining our living room!
Honestly, I’m not sure that I’m very good at painting …
But I am really happy with our decision to go with Edgecomb Grey. It was overcast yesterday so the lighting in this pic isn’t very good/doesn’t do the paint color justice, but I love it!
The color that was on the walls before was a beige with a pink undertone … that’s not my jam at all. I’m so happy it’s GONE! I love the way the white on the trim and crown moulding stands out now.
We still need to do the trim along the floor sometime this week, but I’m excited to have the walls done. All of the things we’ve done up to this point have been important but small and not very noticeable. Now with the walls painted we can finally point to something and say “hey look, we did that!”
4. I VOTED! Florida is an early voting state, so I went on Sunday morning to cast my ballot.
This was my first time voting in person; I’ve always sent in an absentee ballot. I was excited to finally get an “I Voted” sticker :).
5. This is the love of my life. That’s all.
If you follow me on Snapchat you probably saw a lot of the pics in this post already – sorry about that! I will get better at keeping Snapchat content on Snapchat, and blog images on the blog, I promise. That’s my goal for the week.
I hope you had a great weekend!
Did you go to any Halloween parties?
Best part of your weekend?
Does your state have early voting? It’s so convenient!
Do you get to dress up at work for Halloween?