Thank you to Kristin @ Sweat Courage for starting this challenge!
1. World Peace. Corny, Miss-America answer? Sure, but wouldn’t it be nice?
2. Run a 50-Miler(+). It’s no big secret that I want to run a 50-miler within the next couple of years. I’ve always said that 100-miles was out of the question for me because I really like sleep and I’m too slow to make the cut off for any 100-milers. Both of those things are incredibly true, but if you want to call this a “wish list” instead of a want list, I’d definitely add a 100-miler to it.
3. Pet Text Messaging. I would love if I could text with Cecil. How convenient/incredible would that be? He already plays games on the iPad. I feel like he’s just (big) step away…
4. Car Automatically Fills Up with Gas / Changes its Own Oil. I daydream about this scenario frequently. Like, at least once per week when my gas tank nears empty.
5. Teach Again. During grad school I was given the reigns to my own public speaking class. I really enjoyed teaching undergraduates and watching them improve their skills throughout the semester. As cheesy as it sounds, teaching that class was one of the most rewarding things I have ever done. Unfortunately being an adjunct professor wouldn’t pay the bills, but I’d really like to teach again someday.
On the last day of class, after students wrapped up their final speeches, I presented them with this cake. I was so proud of them, especially the ones who were incredibly scared of public speaking but made it through the class with flying colors! One student even told me that she looked to see if there was an Advanced Public Speaking course she could take the following semester! (Sadly FAU does not offer one.)
6. Run Trails. Trails are something I just don’t have near me. The idea of running dirt paths under the cover of tall trees is incredibly appealing to me. I feel extremely fortunate to live close enough that I can run at the beach whenever I want, but I’d really love to live close to some trails too!
7. Start a nonprofit. I’ve been lucky enough to own a business, but what I would really love is to start a nonprofit someday.
I’ve worked with two nonprofits in the past. One, which will remain unnamed, showed me how corrupt the world of nonprofits can be. The amount of money wasted within the organization was just incredible. The other, the Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund, was an amazing experience.
When I started my marketing consultancy back in 2010 the Fossey Fund was my first client. I can honestly say that every single person there truly cares about the cause and they make sure every penny is used wisely. If I am lucky enough to start a nonprofit someday I can only hope to follow in the footsteps of the leadership team at the Fossey Fund.
What is one of your wants/wishes/dreams?
Share anything, even if it’s crazy! Actually, the crazier the better : )
– I mean, you saw I wrote that I’d like to do a 100-miler, right?! Ah!