Happy post-Thanksgiving! I don’t know about you, but I very much like to avoid the crowds on Black Friday.
I hate fighting for parking, waiting in long checkout lines and dealing with people who are oblivious to the fact that their cart is blocking up the entire aisle. Instead, I really love online shopping! In fact, I buy most things online all year round.
This year I will be doing 99% of my Christmas shopping online (mostly through Amazon since I have a Prime account and can get free shipping). While I’m on the hunt for gifts, I thought I’d put together a little list of runner related gifts!
Perfect Little Stocking Stuffers
This year, why not
ask for treat yourself to a few good stocking stuffers!
Here are a few of my favorites — staples in my life!
1. Under Armor Shadows Visor – keeps sun + sweat out of your eyes (doesn’t get smelly even if you don’t wash it after every run)
2. Armpocket armband – big enough to fit your phone, keys, ID, money, tp, etc.
3. Rolling stick – painful but worthwhile for recovery (mine is from Target)
4. Garmin Forerunner 220 – my best friend, the best runner tracking device!
5. Stretching mat – so you don’t have to sit or kneel on the floor (mine is from TJ Maxx)
6. Camelbak (70oz) – stay hydrated my friends
7. Runderwear – keep chafing in unmentionable areas at bay
8. Sport sunscreen – keep skin cancer at bay
9. Honey Stinger Chews – delicious runner fuel in orange + cherry blossom
10. Flipbelt – great for carrying small things around your waist when you don’t bring an armband
I already know I’ll be picking myself up a bulk order of Honey Stingers and sunscreen, and a new Armpocket in purple to match my FR220 and Camelbak!
The Most Practical Running Gift
In my humble opinion, there is nothing more practical to give a runner (aka yourself!!!) than a new water bottle. Not just any water bottle will do though! Many of us don’t like to hold our bottles in our hands, especially on long runs, which is why “hydration systems” exist!
I used to use my Jurek Endure belt which has two little water bottles attached to it, but I found those tiny bottles to be annoying and never enough.
The Nathan single bottle holds more water than the two mini bottles and I never have to worry about feeling off balance because one bottle is empty and one is half full. The best part – there is ZERO bounce.
The Nathan belt fits so snugly and perfectly. I bought it at Dick’s a couple of weeks ago, but it’s also available on Amazon (and it’s eligible for free 2-day shipping if you have Prime)!
If you’re looking for a new water belt type thing, I would definitely check these two out. Perfect as a little end of year treat for yourself, in my opinion! 🙂
So there you have it, my top picks for things you can treat yourself to this year!
What (other) things are on your list this year? Anything I should be checking out for myself?!
Do you avoid Black Friday crowds too, or do you brave the crowds?
A couple of notes: Armpocket is a former client of mine. I have not been asked to write about them nor am I being paid. I just use my Armpocket on every run and love it.
Also, this post contains a few affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking one of these links I will make a small commission which will go right back into helping pay for the hosting of this blog. The amount I make is just pennies, but every penny helps! : ) I have NOT affiliate linked to any products that I don’t currently use. For example, I didn’t link to the Jurek Endure belt since I do not really recommend it even though I love Scott.