Thank you to Jennifer @ The Final Forty for nominating me for a Liebster Award. With this award Jennifer has give me 10 questions to answer to help you get to know me better.
1. What are some of your hobbies (other than running)?
- Reading (or rather re-reading my favorite books over and over and over again)
- Making candles
- Watching lots of football and basketball
2. What do you do for a living?
I work for an advertising agency and get to combine my creative and analytical side every day.
I would say the hardest part of my job is hiring for intern or entry-level positions. I am constantly surprised at how out-dated the coursework for advertising/marketing is these days!
3. When and why did you start blogging?
I started blogging in November 2012 on tumblr, but switched over to this blog in March 2013. I mostly used tumblr to look for inspirational/motivational graphics since I was very new to running. Eventually I decided I wanted more flexibility to connect with the running community and started this blog.
4. What are some of your favorite ways to stay fit (other than running)?
- Intervals on the stationary bike
- Reading blogs that motivate me to get up off my butt when I feel lazy : )
5. What would you say is your greatest accomplishment?
Oh man, that’s tough. I don’t think I’ve done anything worthy of being called the greatest achievement… yet!
6. If you won the lottery tomorrow… what would you spend the money on?
It would depend on the amount I received, haha. One thing I would really like to do is start a nonprofit, so I would probably use the money to invest in that.
I would also buy the Clippers from their racist owner and become best friends with CP3.
Oh, should I include something about running in here too?
I would buy SO MANY PAIRS of my favorite Under Armor capris… and I would get all of my favorite running bloggers/readers to do Ragnar Vegas with me 🙂
7. What’s your favorite song on your running playlist?
I haven’t been listening to music while running lately, so my last playlist was created back in January. Favorite song on that playlist is Super Bass by Nicki Minaj!
8. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
When I can hear someone eating/chewing. UGHHHH.
9. What has been your favorite race experience thus far?
I actually think it was my very first 5K which was a Color Me Rad run. I had fun running through the colored powdered, and when I saw the finish line I got SO EXCITED! Running that last .10 was awesome.
10. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
Tough question, but I think it’s “live for today.”
It’s so easy for me to get caught up in what I want for the future, that I forget to just relax and enjoy the present.
If you won the lottery what RUNNING thing would you spend it on???