When I woke up yesterday morning my hip was feeling 100% (Sunday it was really tight at the end of my nine miles), but my right knee was really tender.
My running coach said to take two days off running, but by the end of the night my knee was feeling a lot better. I fit in an upper body weights workout, and I think I’ll try a short run tonight.
After all, this may be south Florida’s only cold day of the year, how can I miss out on running in this perfect weather?!
By tomorrow it will be hot again, so I need to take advantage!
And now on to something random… The other day Ali @ Hit the Ground Running tagged me in this positive chain letter/survey type thing (I don’t know what they’re called ???) where you answer fun questions about yourself to help blog readers get to know you better.
Here are my answers! : )
1. How did you come up with the name for your blog?
The marketer in me felt the need to go with something really SEO friendly. <insert lots of boring marketing reasons>. Also, this is a blog about running so it just seemed to fit perfectly!
2. What would your memoir be called?
The Sad Life of a Miami Dolphins Fan who Always Had to Root for a Backup Team During the Playoffs
3. What is your “day job?”
I’m an online marketer and I also make really awesome all-natural soy candles.
4. What are 3 of your proudest fitness accomplishments?
1. Staying committed to running and finishing my first 5K. 2. Running my first half marathon. 3. Deadlifting 190lbs. Someday when I get back to lifting heavy I WILL reach 200!
5. You HAVE to change your first name. What do you change it to?
Christina. This would just be a practical change since 99% of people spell my name that way.
6. What is the best concert you’ve been to?
*NSYNC, Raymond James Stadium, 2001, fourth row, one of the best nights of my life.
Until the ocean doesn’t reach the sand, I am now and forever an *NYSNC fan. <<< this was an important pledge I took when I was 12 and plan to keep it.
7. Tell me some things on your bucket list.
I would LOVE to start a nonprofit that helps people and animals. I’ve spent the last couple of years reading up on how to get started. I know I’m not in the right place in my life to do it today, but someday the time will be right.
8. Describe your dream house.
Lots of windows to let in natural light, located right on the beach, a live-in chef and a cleaning staff.
9. Name a celebrity you find oddly attractive (one that wouldn’t normally be on the hottest celeb list).
Does Aaron Rodgers count? Do other people find him attractive?
10. Tell me five of your favorite blogs.
I read a lot of blogs almost every day, but I want to focus on four that are fairly new that you may not have heard of yet + one ultra running blog that I LOVE.
1. Run for Cake: Sanaz is a fellow south Floridian training to kick butt in her first half marathon!
2. Running Through China: Lou came in 1st place female in a half marathon over the Great Wall of China!
3. She’s Going the Distance: She’s going for a BQ this year!
4. Running Breezy: Bree is training for her first half marathon!
5. Riding the Wind: Ultrarunner, Anton Krupicka’s blog. He shares the serious mileage he logs in the mountains each week.
I hope that Sanaz, Lou, Cori and Bree will answer the same questions on their blogs!! (Anton too, but I don’t see that happening, haha).
Actually I hope everyone who hasn’t done this yet will answer the questions so I can get to know you all better. I mean in that in the most non-creepy way possible!
If you don’t feel like answering all ten questions (or you don’t have a blog), leave a comment with the answer to just one question (esp. the bucket list question!).