Just a quick update because I am exhausted!
March Fitness Recap:
My mileage goal was 50 miles in the month of March, but I only reached 40 miles. I would have reached the goal if I had not had to take some days off due to my little calf injury. Plus, I decided to start getting back into weightlifting towards the end of the month and I don’t run on the days I lift.
Even though I didn’t reach my mileage goal, I’m still pretty happy with the goals I achieved in march:
- Ran my first 12 minute mile
- Ran the Kendra Vermont Foundation 5K
- Ran the Happy 5K
- Completed my first 5 mile run
- Squatted 130lbs
- Deadlifted 160lbs
All in all, not too shabby of a month!
April Fitness Goals:
This month my running goal is to simply continue on with my half marathon training and do whatever it calls for. Without putting too much thinking into it, these are my goals for April:
- Keep up with half marathon training
- Squat 150lbs
- Deadlift 180lbs
- Run outside 1 to 2 times per week
- Do all of my long runs outside
I’m looking forward to a great April and getting even closer to my goal of running a half marathon in a respectable amount of time!
Yesterday’s Weightlifting Session:
- 130lb squats x 5
- 80lb military press x 5
- 70lb Triceps extensions x 8
- 50lb Bicep curls x 8
- 15 minute walk at a incline of 10 on the treadmill
- 30 minutes on the treadmill
- A/C was out in the gym so it was about 85 degrees
- Air was stale and gross
I moved so slowly that my legs don’t feel tired at all, but I was sweating my buns off and in a bad mood. A negative mindset can definitely ruin a run. Bleh.
Cheers to a better day tomorrow!