Hey there! Sorry I missed two days of blogmas (blogging every day until Christmas) but life got BUSY! I’m back though :).
Yesterday I braved the mall to do some shopping for family, and got a couple bits for myself as well.
My friend Peta-Gaye, who is a skin care addict like me, tried to pass some judgement but in the end she came around :). I mean, I think we can all agree that self care is important.
Okay so now I need your help!
Back when I thought I was going to get my stitches out earlier this month Adam and I had planned to go to Blood Mountain in Georgia for a few days so we could hike parts of the Appalachian Trail and enjoy cooler weather.
Unfortunately I still have my stitches in and am on limited activity so that trip is out. Now we’re trying to decide last minute what we should do the week between Christmas and New Year’s since we both have it off.
Our top two choices currently are: Vegas and NYC.
- Con – Long flight
- Con – Late flight out, early flight home
- Pro – We always have fun in Vegas
- Pro – I could see Britney’s show before her residency ends
- Pro – Adam could go to a UFC show he wants to see
- Pro – We could see a new Cirque du Soleil show
- Pro – We could stay at our favorite resort (The Aria)
- Con – Adam doesn’t like sightseeing activities
- Con – It could be VERY cold
- Con – Stitches in mean I can’t run in Central Park
- Pro – The cold would feel Christmas-y
- Pro – We could see a play on Broadway (would be Adam’s first)
- Pro – The flight is short
What I really need to know is: what are other things we could do in NYC? Adam and I are most concerned that we would run out of things to do since he doesn’t like sightseeing/touristy stuff. My mom and I had a great time when we went at Christmas two years ago, but we did a bunch of touristy stuff.
I’m inclined to book NYC because the flights will be more manageable, but at the same time Adam and I have never been bored in Vegas. Even though we are both homebodies, we love Vegas because we love going to shows out there.
I would really love to see Britney’s show before her residency ends. I think earlier this year it was voted best show in Vegas!
BUT if I could come up with a good list of things to do in NYC that would be helpful in the decision making process. As Adam said, “Vegas is the safe thing to do, we know we’ll have fun.”
So, if you live in or near NYC please let me know what other things we could do. OR if you think we should go somewhere else let me know that too! We just want to have a fun week :). Thanks!
Where should we go and what should we do for Christmas vacation?