We’re halfway through the week! And what a week it’s been!
Work has been a whirlwind for me, and I didn’t even have a new Mindy Project episode to look forward to last night!
1. Yesterday after work I just did a really short run – but I ran it straight through with no walking breaks – and it felt right. #SlowAndSteady
The other day I wrote about how hard it is for me to control my pacing, but by eliminating walking breaks I was able to really dictate the pace the whole time.
I’m going to try to permanently break free of walking intervals over the next little while.
2. I ordered a sampler kit of Justin’s nut butter……. (ugh) I’ve been hesitant to try it because I just can’t reconcile spending $10+ on a jar of something called “Justin’s nut butter,” but I was curious to find out what all the hype is about.
So far I’ve only tried the vanilla peanut butter and it was eh. I’m pretty excited to try the chocolate almond butter and the honey peanut butter though!
3. I saw my neighbor and his little kid (baby?) yesterday and I asked, “how old is he now?” My neighbor’s response, “she’s 20 months.” I was so embarrassed!!!! In my defense the little girl was wearing a gender neutral outfit and has short hair.
I really just should have said, “how old is the baby now?” instead of inserting my foot into my mouth!
I’m sorry neighbor, I don’t know anything about kids!!!
4. This bum needs to get a job.
5. Nicole BQ’d over the weekend in what can only be my favorite BQ story ever. In 2006 she ran her first marathon in over 6 1/2 hours and now, 14 marathons later, she has her BQ!
How awesome is that?! Way to go Nicole!
Do you buy Justin’s fancy nut butter? If so, which is your favorite flavor?
– Honestly, I’d like to be able to bring the little packets on the run with me as a supplement to my chomps. I’ve tried PB Gu and … I just don’t like any Gus.