Happy Tuesday! Today I want to share a super simple dinner idea. This literally takes 60 seconds to prep and then 15 minutes to cook.
It’s BBQ pulled chicken … made on the stove super fast but with lots of flavor.
Normally I make pulled chicken in the crockpot but that takes a few hours, and sometimes I need my food ready faster than that. Here’s what I do when I need to whip up this meal in the blink of an eye.
- Tyson pre-cooked pulled chicken breast (1.25lb)
- Minced garlic
- Chopped green onion
- Your favorite BBQ sauce
- 90 second microwavable rice
Adam’s favorite BBQ sauce is Sweet Baby Rays and mine is this one from Rib Rack, so I combined the two for this recipe :). You can obviously use whichever BBQ sauce you like best.
Easy Preparation Steps:
- In a pot toss in your shredded pre-cooked chicken (1.25lb)
- Chop a bunch of green onion and toss in with the chicken.
- Add in enough water to cover the chicken (about 1 to 1.5 cups). Add more water if you like your pulled chicken soup-y. (I DO).
- Add in as much (or as little) garlic as you like – I added 2 tablespoons.
- Add in 1 and 1/2 cups of BBQ sauce and cook on med-high heat for about 15 minutes.
When the chicken is simmering and almost ready for serving, pop a bag of easy rice into the microwave.
Once the rice is done, pour it into a bowl and then cover the rice with the pulled chicken and ENJOY!
I like my dish a bit soupy so I add extra water which is why it looks quite wet here — but MMMMMMM it’s so good!
Just added less water if you want your sauce to be thicker.
Obviously I didn’t invent pulled chicken. I wish! How cool would it be if I did? 🙂
Clearly this isn’t an original recipe, but I thought maybe you’d enjoy a little mid-week dinner idea inspiration. Honestly, buying the chicken pre-pulled and pre-cooked makes whipping this up a breeze. Coupled with the 90 second rice and you’ve literally got yourself a meal in less than 20 minutes.
What are you planning for dinner tonight?
Do you have go-to meals that you can whip up in less than 30 mins?