Earlier this week my coach put the rest of my marathon training plan online, and seeing the word “MARATHON” on there actually took my breath away.
Last weekend I not-so-humble bragged on Facebook that I had run 17 miles for the first time. The question that I’ve been asked the most since then is, “What do you think about when you’re running for that long?”
I think about…
- Running up to the finish line in Portland (I’ve run that final mile so many times in my head).
- Things I would talk to Scott Jurek about if I ever got to run with him.
- How much it would cost to get Scott to cheer for me at my first ultra (I think $5,000 + travel expenses sounds reasonable, lol).
- Where I would move if I absolutely had to leave Fort Lauderdale (California and Colorado come to mind since I think good running happens in those states!)
- Top 10 tips I would give if someone told me they wanted to start running.
- Things that other running bloggers write about.
- What songs I should put on my marathon playlist.
Basically, when I’m running I think about running!
Oh and sometimes I do the 9 times table (9,18, 27, 36, 45, 54, etc.). I’m not sure why, but the 9s pop into my mind pretty frequently when I’m running. I really have no clue why. Some things in life just can’t be explained! : )
What do YOU think about when running?