What Do You Think About When Running?
Earlier this week my coach put the rest of my marathon training plan online, and seeing the word “MARATHON” on there actually took my breath away.
Last weekend I not-so-humble bragged on Facebook that I had run 17 miles for the first time. The question that I’ve been asked the most since then is, “What do you think about when you’re running for that long?”
I think about…
- Running up to the finish line in Portland (I’ve run that final mile so many times in my head).
- Things I would talk to Scott Jurek about if I ever got to run with him.
- How much it would cost to get Scott to cheer for me at my first ultra (I think $5,000 + travel expenses sounds reasonable, lol).
- Where I would move if I absolutely had to leave Fort Lauderdale (California and Colorado come to mind since I think good running happens in those states!)
- Top 10 tips I would give if someone told me they wanted to start running.
- Things that other running bloggers write about.
- What songs I should put on my marathon playlist.
Basically, when I’m running I think about running!
Oh and sometimes I do the 9 times table (9,18, 27, 36, 45, 54, etc.). I’m not sure why, but the 9s pop into my mind pretty frequently when I’m running. I really have no clue why. Some things in life just can’t be explained! : )
What do YOU think about when running?