Which celebrity would you LOVE to go running with?
I ended up having a long, long, long day yesterday. I can’t say why yet (I know so dramatic), but I do hope to share some good news soon! : )
In the mean time, I have to thank Meg @ Meg Go Run for nominating me for a blogger award and asking me to answer some fun questions.
Any day I get to talk about Scott Jurek and winning a million dollars in the same post is a good day to me. Happy Friday!
1. If you had to go for a run with any celebrity who would you pick?
This one is so easy for me. I fantasize about running with Scott Jurek all the time. I’m not sure how much of a celebrity he is outside of the (ultra) running community, but he has a NY Times best seller under his belt so I think he counts.
From his official bio:
“Scott Jurek’s outstanding competitive resume includes victories in nearly all of ultrarunning’s elite trail and road events, including the historic 153-mile Spartathlon, the Hardrock 100, the Badwater 135-mile Ultramarathon, the Miwok 100K, and—his signature race—the Western States 100 Mile Endurance Run, which he won a record seven straight times. The Washington Times named him one of the top runners of the decade, Runner’s World awarded him a Hero of Running and Ultrarunning Magazine named him Ultra-Runner of the Year three times. In 2010, he set a new US all-surface record in the 24-Hour Run with 165.7 miles—6.5 marathons in one day—for which he was named USA Today’s Athlete of the Week.”
Other than Scott I’d also love to run with Anton Krupicka or Timothy Olsen, two other ultrarunners who inspire the hell out of me.
The only non-runner celebrity I would want to run with is Mindy Kaling. It’s much more realistic for me to run with Mindy than Scott, Anton or Timothy since she says she likes to “slow jog for 90 minutes on the weekend” and that’s pretty much the story of my life.
2. Do you wear makeup when you work out?
No way. It will clog your pores for real!
3. Would you ever do one of those nude races? (What if it was guaranteed that no one you know would be there?)
I’m gonna have to go “no” on this one for a lot of reasons. So many.
4. What’s the worst injury you’ve had?
I’ve been lucky … only a little knee pain and a little achilles pain but never anything that kept me sidelined for more than a couple days.
5. Tell me your proudest non-fitness accomplishment.
Hmmmmmmmmmm the first time I sold one of my candles was a pretty proud moment. I called Adam and was flipping out. It was a pretty great feeling.
I am also always proud of Cecil when he does anything. I’m a crazy cat mom.
6. Tell me your proudest fitness accomplishment.
Crossing the finish line at my first 5K. After that I was hooked and become a runner for life, but before then it was possible that at any day I would just quit and never even make it to my first starting line.
7. You just WON a million dollars and you have to spend it all today. What do you do?
Are we also pretending taxes don’t exist? Because if so, I would give half of it to a local animal rescue and then I would buy a townhouse with the rest. But that’s a pretty boring answer. My non-boring answer is:
- Buy an around the world trip including first class airfare, luxury hotels and fun excursions
- Get season tickets to the Miami Dolphins for 2014 (<– prob. a waste of money)
- Get court-side seats to a Miami Heat game because I’m tired of paying $100 to sit in section 400
- Do I even have any money left over at this point?
- Buy SO MANY PAIRS of my favorite Under Amour running capris & Brooks Adrenalines
(If my winnings are getting taxed first then I probably won’t be able to donate any … because I’m selfish.)
8. If you had to change your name, what would you change it to?
Christina. Just so I never have to say “Kristina with a K” ever again.
9. Name a talk show you would like to get interviewed on.
Is there any choice other than Ellen?
10. If you had to move to LA, NYC or the middle of nowhere which would you pick?
This is a tough one because I love Fort Lauderdale so much and I don’t really want to live anywhere else. I guess I would choose LA because the weather is most similar to here, and I would still have easy access to pretty beaches.
And there you have it! I’m supposed to nominate 11 new bloggers for this award, but I don’t know I know 11 new bloggers. If you’re a new-ish blogger and you’re reading this, I nominate YOU!
Everyone else, I just have to know: which celebrity would you love to go running with???